Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Disney, recital, no sale, and waitlisted!





I know it's been a while since I've updated, but we've had a busy couple of weeks!

We just returned from a week at Disneyworld where we had SO much fun. We spent an entire week there with both grandmas and all four kids and it was a blast. I asked Elizabeth on Tuesday night if she was having fun and she said, "Yes, how could anyone not have fun at this place?"

We returned from Disney about 2 hours before the girls first piano recital. We were all very nervous as our girls aren't especially fond of being in the limelight. But, they both played very well and neither of them cried or panicked, so we were delighted!

The one bummer about our trip was that we did lose the contract on our house while we were gone. We weren't terribly surprised because of the way it had all come together, but we were a little sad. So, we're back where we started. We are just continuing to pray for peace and putting our trust in the fact that God has a much bigger plan than we do concerning that house.

When we returned, the motherboard on our computer decided it was retiring, so I was unable to check e-mail, blogs, or the infamous Gladney FBI list. I was going through major blog withdrawals after a week away from the computer. My sweet husband brought his laptop home tonight so that I could have a little bit of computer time. Now, we have to decide what to do about the computer- I didn't realize how dependent I am on it. Banking, school stuff, adoption stuff, even grocery planning. I feel lost!

Because of the computer issues, it took me until midday yesterday to find out that we are officially on the Gladney waitlist. We were waitlisted on May 13th. This means that we are now approximately 3-5 months from receiving our referral and seeing our baby's photo! We are delighted that the real wait has officially begun and we already have one week down.

That covers our last few days! I'm looking forward to posting those little pictures that show everyone what week of waiting our family is on. I think I'll forego a week one photo so that I can instead post a few photos of our recent adventures! The first two pictures were taken at Disney and the final photo is of Abby and Elizabeth with their beloved piano teacher, Ms. Morgan.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Welcome back Christy! I have to say that I agree with Elizabeth's assessment of Disney World - how can you NOT have fun there!? We missed you at the cook-out, which was a lot of fun, but not nearly as much fun as what you were doing! Congrats on being on the waiting list. I can't wait to hear about your baby boy! If you haven't read Eileen's blog yet, M has run away from the orphanage in Addis. Please pray.

Faith said...

Welcome to the FBI list!
I feel so lost without my computer even for a day. That is so funny about not knowing you were wait listed. I laughed out loud!
Faith
P.S. Your piano teacher looks like a Disney princess.

Lydia said...

Congratulations on your little boy to come! Our pastor and his family adopted a little boy from Ethiopia two years ago. He had been abandoned--from the Hamur tribe, one of the most evil-practicing tribes in the country--and was left in a nearby church. He is such a precious, energetic little ball of life. I think it's wonderful that God is giving you a new family member in this way to add to your beautiful "quiver" of children. Congratulations, again!