Friday, September 25, 2009

Long time, No Blog

Well, I've been tossing the idea around about resigning from the blog world, because I've been such a lousy blogger these last few months.  But, I can't stand the thought of it for several reasons.  One of these reasons would be that I so wanna be a scrapbooker.  You know, one of those women who have every birthday perfectly chronicled and tucked neatly away in beautiful annual albums.  BUT, then there is the reality that my children insist on wearing clothes, which requires me to find time to do laundry.  They also like to eat a minimum of three times each day.  Bills have to be paid, groceries have to be purchased, 11 years olds need to learn how to divide fractions,...you get the picture.  And so, the scrapbook pages wait and the blog has become a quicker and easier way to chronicle our life.  
Another reason I don't want to throw in the towel is because there are a lot of special people who love my children and get great joy out of seeing their photos.  These are the people whom I wish we could see more often, but they're willing to settle for our electronic updates in between visits.  Some of them have begun to harass me about my blog neglect (you know who you are!)
And the true reason why I've decided to dig in and catch up instead of disappearing is truly selfish.  I have found that blogging is like therapy for me.  It is a great outlet for me to process life and it's a great way for me to reflect on God's goodness to my family.  There have been many times when I have been discouraged and I have gone back and re-read previous posts and been reminded of the journey we've traveled to get to this spot.
So, I've decided that I am going to take this weekend and try to catch up on all the things I've wanted to record over the last 6 weeks.  Then, hopefully I can maintain from there.  Our busiest season at church has just ended, and I'm hopeful that our world is going to slow down.  It has to, or I really am running away.  But don't worry, if I do, I'll be sure to blog about it!

3 comments:

Beth said...

DITTO! My blog posts have been scarce lately,too.

Casey Chappell said...

I"m so glad you came to this conclusion. I heart your blog. Seriously. a glimpse into the life of one of my favorite families!!! Keep it up. Even if it's every once and a while.

And when I feel bad after not posting for a while I like to remind myself of this true researched fact. The number one reason people stop reading a person's blog is because they blog TOO OFTEN! seriously.

:o)

Kelli said...

So glad you are "up & blogging" again. I am in the same boat & feel I could have written the same post. My scrapbooking desk looks so lonely - but the dailies continue.

I feel like we live such similar lives & that we would be good friends if we lived closer. Please keep up the blogging - it reminds me that I am not alone! I blog, too, to remind myself of God & His goodness in the midst of all of our transition.