Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Isaac's Day

I started sharing last week about our special day with each of the children. I only got as far as Abe when other things started clamoring for my attention. Isaac went next, after Abe. We took him out on a Sunday, right after church, and he was so excited. We started out by grabbing a snack at Sheetz. My kids always love getting to pick their own snacks out like that, because it doesn't happen very often in our world. He also got himself a big Sheetz cup, filled with Cheerwine, which is another rare treat!

From there, we headed down to Adventure Landing. Ryan and I had never been there, except to drop a child off at a birthday party or two. Isaac had some previous experience, so he showed us the ropes. We had a really fun time playing together. We started off with miniature golf and all three of us managed to get at least on hole in one. Then, we headed inside for some laser tag. We were the only 3 in there, so Isaac and I teamed up on daddy. The sad thing was, he still won!

Full concentration!

Pausing for a quick pic, too hot to lounge around.

From there, we tried the go-carts. Isaac loved them, Ryan and I , not so much. If I could have been on the track by myself, I would have been fine, but all of those 10 year olds whizzing past me were a little unnerving! I guess I'm just not a daredevil, or maybe I'm scarred for life after my sledding accident this winter, but all I could think was, "I hope I get out of this without a head injury!" That's one of those things I'll just be the photographer for next time.

Finally, we headed back into the AC and used our arcade tokens. Isaac tried to find the games that would pay a good amount of tickets so that he could get lots of treasures at the prize counter. He was a bargain shopper in the arcade and ended up with 4 or 5 little treasures to carry home.

Next, we headed up the street to his favorite restaurant, the Outback. He and daddy had a good time hiding the bread while I went to wash my hands. He thought it was funny when I came back and fussed at them for not leaving me any. That boy is just like his daddy, he loves a good practical joke! His favorite part about the meal was that we ordered cheese fries and we only had to split them 3 ways, not 7! He decided he could get used to that!

Next, we stopped off at Ed McKay's used bookstore where he picked out a couple of books to read. I can't seem to supply him with books fast enough these days, which is a good problem to have. He also helped us choose a few used dvds and wii games to add to our collection before we head overseas.


As we headed north towards home, Isaac said, "I don't want this day to end." He expressed that he thinks he might like to be the only child. We talked about what that would look like, and he decided he'd like to be an only child sometimes.

Finally, we ended our afternoon with a stop at Palsie's popcorn. The heat of the day made our shaved ice treats even yummier. We were soft and let him carry home a mini bag of cornfetti popcorn too. Fortunately, that flavor provides no temptation for me, but the kids just love it.

It was a great afternoon together. We had lots of laughs and enjoyed spending time with our little guy. He is so sensitive and loving, but yet he likes to have a good time. We're proud to have such a great kid on our hands!

1 comment:

Edward McKay Used Books & More said...

Thanks for making us a part of Issac's day! We're honored. :->