Friday, April 12, 2013

While We Wait

We've spent the last couple of weeks waiting for the next step.  The good news is, we now have our temporary visas, plane tickets, and housing arranged for our new home.  We're scheduled to fly to our new city this weekend.  Then, we'll wait for our car and our possessions to catch up with us.  Then, maybe we can begin to see some sort of new normal.  Can I just say here that I was so not envisioning needing a new normal in the foreseeable future?  Heaven help me, I do not have the energy for this.  Thank the good Lord that HE does.

The waiting hasn't been all bad.  I mean who wouldn't want to spend 3 weeks in a house with 15 other displaced people who are stressed beyond belief and unsure what their life will look like in 6 weeks.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it?  One of our friends (who happens to be living in the first world) mentioned that it must be vacation-like.  Um, yeah sure...  hot as #%@^, iffy generator, one small washing machine, piles of footlockers, and NOTHING for the 7 children to do except watch TV and argue.  It's been a blast.

Okay, that sounds like complaining.  So, let's move on to the happier side of these last few weeks.  Here are a few photos from the brighter side of these days...

We celebrated Easter here and had a lovely weekend.  On Saturday the kids dyed eggs.

Here is Abe with one of his favorite buddies.  These two are like dynamite when they are together, powerful and potentially troublesome!  
I thought that the Easter baskets had made the journey with us to the guest house.  But apparently, between the time I pulled them out and the time we left, my sweet house helpers re-packed them for the truck.  So, I ended up pulling plastic colanders and bowls out of the guest house cabinets to use instead.  Take that Pinterest!
Sunday consisted of an egg hunt, complete with some teamwork.

We took a trip to the zoo.  Everyone took a ride on the 30+ year old tortoise.

Overlooking the lake at the zoo.
They enjoyed feeding the giraffe.  The best part of Nigerian zoos is the opportunity to feed anything you are brave enough to feed.
The zoo here has an incredible playground.  The kids loved this giant climbing structure with little seats all along the way.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Praying for you sweet family and wishing I was there to give help and hugs.

Oh Dear said...

Praise God the paperwork is taken care of! Now, for the next part of this journey. We continue to pray friend.

I can only imagine the stay being like one hotel room with that many people on a rainy day at the beach....I think I get a taste of the pain.

You rocked the baskets!! (From your practical friend.)

Angela said...

I just can't stop saying... Wow, just wow. This is one crazy life you are living! Praise and glory to God. I will be praying for your family to feel God's peace and love in these crazy times and life changes.