Saturday, September 14, 2013

Feeling loved...


Many, many times since we’ve left for the field, I have questioned God’s timing in calling us during the season of life that he did.  The ages of our children at the time of our departure were delicate.  They have struggled in ways that they would not have struggled had we departed when they were preschoolers.  They fully realize the “losses” and sometimes they count them far greater than their “gains.”

Then something will happen and I am reminded of the many ways that leaving in that season has had advantages.  My children know and love their grandparents in a way that they might not have if they had started their lives in Africa.  My kids feel connected to an American church.  They have friendships that they count as dear on both continents.  Their arrival last week certainly reminded me of that.

This was the scene at the airport when they arrived...





Unfortunately, my camera battery ran out before I captured Isaac and his pals, but they were there too.  I'm so thankful that we have folks who love us so on both sides of the globe!

1 comment:

Sayoko Owen said...

Christy, I am very sorry about your mom... I did not know her but I could tell Vi was a great lady. I pray that you feel God's love in every situation. I don't mind if you share the things I sent with other people in Africa. Have a blessed visit in U.S. Love,
Sayoko