Thursday, April 24, 2014

Ouch!

My husband is gone on a trip.  The day he left, I fell and did this to my leg.  It is honestly the worst boo, boo I've had in a long time.  Like ever.  I hit the ground hard.  My leg hit a stepping stone, then my face and chest hit the ground...hard.  Like, hard enough that I had sand in my teeth and the imprint in my forehead.  I felt so, so stupid.  The kids came running, the guard came running, my helper came running, and I was horrified.  And in pain.

To make matters worse, I was just leaving to go to the guest house.  That was a fun drive over, operating the clutch.  Then, when I got there, I couldn't walk without the hem of my skirt rubbing against it.  This led to me walking around with my skirt hiked up enough to avoid the wound.  One of the housekeepers saw it, as I was going to get ice from the freezer to put on it.  She knew the perfect cure.  She drug me into the laundry room, insisting that she is a wonderful "home nurse."  She grabbed a rag and a bottle of Detol (think Lysol.)  Then, she set about rubbing my wound clean with this wonderful germ killer.  I assured her that I was fine and that she could stop, but she kept saying that she wanted to make sure that she had killed all of the bacteria.  Honestly, I was wishing I had a stick to bite.  Finally, after about three applications, she decided I was clean enough and she let me go.  I'm glad she took care of me since I was flashing back to that episode of Little House where Charles leaves Caroline and she gets tetanus in her leg.    

I'm sure it will heal up just fine... especially considering the fine level of care I received!  Now, if I could just learn to walk and talk at the same time, that would be good.

No comments: