Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sweet Sixteen

I'm not sure why the good Lord gave me the privilege of parenting my favorite 16 year old, but I'm so glad he did!  She truly is a special girl (somehow I got 5 really special kids!)  In honor of her 16th birthday today, since we can't be together, I wanted to share 16 things that I love about my Abigail Grace.  Since I'm not in the same country as all of our old printed photos, you'll just have to trust me that she was one beautiful baby and a pretty terrific toddler too.

So here they are Abby, 16 things that make you my favorite 16 year old!

1.  Your love of shopping


2.  Your beautiful smile

3. Your sense of humor

 4. Your compassion

5. The kindness you show to little ones

6. Your "reasonable" thrill-seeking side

7. Your creativity and perseverance

8. Your willingness to try new things

9. Your love of family

10. Your uncanny ability to get your siblings to do just about anything.  It's good for them that you're such a rule follower!


 11.  Your love for the "least of these."


12.  Your amazing fashion sense (well, once you grew out of your DC Cupcakes t-shirt!)


 13. The energy with which you celebrate others


14.  Your unparalleled ability to sniff out a good cupcake, cheesecake, smoothie, frozen yogurt, candy store....


15. The loyalty you show in your friendships.


16.  Your patience with me, even when it means wearing matching outfits far longer than any child should have to. (And yes, your father and I will supplement your therapy bills someday!)


Happy Birthday Baby Girl!  I hope it's a great one.  I pray that you will follow hard after Jesus all your days and I'm so proud of the woman you're becoming.  




4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have one special daughter !! Happy Birthday Abby !!!

Parker said...

Oh Abby, you are certainly one special Young Woman!! Praising God for the way that He made you! Happy Sweet Sixteen!! We'll celebrate more when you come back to 'Merica.

Talented Twins said...

Happy Birthday Abby!!

~Emma and Corinne

Mitchell Franklin said...

Happy late birthday :)