Monday, January 5, 2015

Pinch me...

Soon I'm going to quit writing all of these posts about our transition to the States.  But before I do, can I just say that there are a few things that continue to make me giddy about life on this side of the pond?  Just a few of them are...

  • The smells.  Everything smells so good.  The freshly laundered clothes, the fancy hand soaps and air fresheners, the yummy scents coming from coffee shops and bakeries, and just the clean sidewalks all around.   We are loving it.
  • The ease.  Dishwashers, paper plates, consistent electricity and water, and climate control.  Never gets old!
  • Meal preparation, oh my! Canned veggies, pre-washed salads, ready-made dough, mixes, pre-seasoned sausage, and the like.  And, if the gazillion 20 minute meal options aren't enough, you can pick up a phone and someone will bring you a pizza OR you can climb in your car, drive 5 minutes, and run through a drive-thru.  It's almost too good to be true.
  • Netflix!  
  • Clearance Racks
  • The open road, complete with $2 a gallon gas, 99 cent slushies, 70 mile an hour highways complete with signed exits, and almost non-existent horns.  

No comments: