Saturday, May 3, 2008

We have a contract!

This is wrapping up to be an eventful week! We were able to get a contract on our "extra" house and we're optimistic that means we have it sold. The house is supposed to close by May 23rd, so we are delighted that we may be down to one house soon.

It was kind of funny how it all went down. The first offer we got was ridiculously low, and so it took about 24 hours of negotiating to get it to an amount where we would be able to settle at. So, when our realtor called with the final amount- the one Ryan and I agreed would be our bottom dollar, I was walking up to the playground at the park with our 3 youngest children. I hung up the phone with our realtor and my assignment was to call Ryan and verify that this amount would work.

Well, before I could get the phone closed, I saw a little boy playing and I suspected right away he was an Ethiopian child- he was beautiful. I observed the mommy who was definitely not Ethiopian and then figured out who the daddy was and he was definitely not Ethiopian. He was wearing an Inspi(red) shirt and this was another clue to me that they might be adoptive parents. Then I spotted their older child and I recognized him from a blog picture. After gawking for a moment I decided just to ask them if they were who I thought they were and it turns out they were! I had the pleasure of visiting with them- the Atwood family for about 30 minutes. They are another Gladney family who brought their son home about 2 months ago. They were so kind and willing to share their knowledge. It was a pleasure meeting them.

In fact, it was such a pleasure that I forgot what I was supposed to be doing. Finally, I returned to reality and remembered my assignment. So, now it's all settled and we're just hoping for a relatively painless inspection and closing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool!!! Glad you got 2 dumpings of blessings!