Friday, April 18, 2008

Still waiting















All right, April 15th has come and gone and still no 171H. Now granted, it wasn't really very realistic to think that we would receive it by then, but in my deranged mind, that was the my target date. I am behaving myself very nicely though and I am waiting until the mail lady drives away from the mailbox before I make my mad dash down the driveway.

I know it won't be too much longer, and we're staying busy with life. I know you're dying to know what one does while awaiting the arrival of an 171H. I am so glad you asked. Here's just a sampling of what our first three weeks of waiting have included:



  • We cheered Daddy on as he ran his first 1/2 marathon. His goal was to complete the Raleigh Rocks Half-Marathon in 2 hours and he made it in about 1 hour and 58 minutes. We are so proud of his determination. What's even more impressive is that 18 months ago, he weighed almost 300 pounds which makes this a truly amazing accomplishment!

  • We acquired a "free" aquatic turtle from some friends who are moving away and were looking for a new home. So far the turtle has cost us $140.00 in various turtle needs. Our new pet, Shelly is settling in nicely to life in the Campbell Circus.

  • We took an overnight trip to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. I got absolutely sopping wet on the Roman Rapids raft ride. Two hours later, I could still wring water out of my shirt. Daddy of course, stayed almost totally dry. Elizabeth (7) discovered a great passion for roller coasters. She had Daddy and I on the Loch Ness Monster for 3 consecutive rides.

  • We hung our new window treatments for our bedroom. Covering all my naked windows is one of the items on my "Before Baby To-Do List." Thanks my mom for being such a talented seamstress!
I know you're absolutely thrilled to have had this little look into our world! Hopefully there won't be three more weeks to report on before the arrival of our golden ticket!

3 comments:

J, A, T and Y said...

Oh, I hope your I-171 comes soon. Waiting for that was the WORST. I would run to the mail box everyday also! This whole process is definately a roller coaster ride!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Ryan! Speaking of deep thoughts...Ryan, can you belly laugh if you do not have a belly?

solas4me said...

Hang in there. Remember that the Lord's timing is perfect. We just waited 3 mos. for our 171H...it is a glorious day when in the mailbox you find that precious piece of mail. Praying that yours will come soon!