Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We've Got The Golden Ticket!


Today was an overall stinky day- but there was one majorly redeeming event- we got our golden ticket! We received THE I71H. The last piece of the paperwork puzzle. We are thrilled. It only took about 4 weeks and we are delighted! We made a beeline for the notary and the Fed-Ex place. Unfortunately, we missed the Fed-Ex man by about 10 minutes, so it won't go out until tomorrow- that's okay!


We are almost officially waitlisted! The dossier service has everything else ready and waiting, so once this last piece is authenticated, we're done. Hooray!


One of the other things that is heavy on our hearts right now is non-adoption related, but we would covet your prayers. We have a house we've been trying to sell for about 6 months- it's not the one we live in. We knew when we put it on the market that we would probably have to carry it for a while, and so we prepared financially for that. However, we have been struggling with some anxiety about the whole 2 mortgage thing lately. We know God clearly led us to purchase the house we're in and to step out into faith that he would handle the details. We feel very confident that we made the right choice, but we still wrestle with the "what-ifs" of never selling the extra house. Anyway, we have a serious looker right now- they're coming for the 3rd time tomorrow. We would love for this to be the one.


My prayer is just that whatever happens, Ryan and I would be willing to accept God's timing and that we would keep our mind fixed on Christ and put our trust in him. The scripture that God has given me concerning the whole house thing is Psalm 18- especially verse 30 which says, "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless." Everytime I start to panic, I simply tell myself that the way of the Lord is perfect.
Like I said, we would appreciate your prayers. Wouldn't that be something if we got our house contract and our I71-H all in one week?




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I received our I171H on Wednesday also. God has awed me in our adoption process (although it took us 7weeks for this ticket). Congratulations! I know how exciting this is. Kim (ksseitz@excite.com)

Enjoying Life Together said...

Very exciting! Can't wait to see how the rest of your adoption story goes...and the house story...~Sabrina

Lori S said...

Congratulations on receiving your 171H! That's the last piece of paperwork we're waiting on--I hope it comes within the next 2-3 weeks. Will definitely pray about your house selling and peace for you no matter what happens.
Lori