Monday, August 10, 2009

Beach Fun!

This weekend, we got a little treat from some good friends who invited us to come and share their vacation for a few days.  Ryan just got back from Asia, and he really needs to be working extra time at the office, so we decided we'd better make it a quick trip.  Sunday, after church, we headed to Topsail Island to meet up with them.  We were only able to stay about 24 hours, but they were a very fun 24 hours!  
One of the best parts was that we didn't tell our children about the plan.  We just left church, drove through McDonalds, and kept on driving.   Of course, when Abby saw that our GPS was telling us we were 2 hours and 39 minutes from our destination, she figured out we weren't headed home.  I am not sure who was more surprised when we walked into the beach house...our kiddos or the Nemitz kiddos.  There was lots of girl squealing and explanations before the race to get on swimsuits and hit the sand.  
This was Abe's first trip to the beach, and he did really well.  He wasn't too crazy about the waves, but he love the sand.  He especially loved licking and eating the sand.  I tried to monitor it some, but I figure a little sand can't be too serious, right?
All in all, it was a great time, and we are so glad that we took the time to go.  Thanks Nemitz friends!

Here's Abe on his first approach to the water.   He's tensely anticipating the water.
Here it comes!  Not so sure what to think.
This was more his speed, digging in the dirt!
Abe worked himself ragged moving sand from place to place.


The dads took most of the wave jumping duty while Eve and I guarded the lounge chairs.

All he wants for Christmas is his two front teeth!
Sweet Lily
Abby had a great time catching a gazillion sand crabs.  Fortunately, we convinced her they wouldn't make good pets.  I declare, that girl is always looking for a pet!
Two peas in a pod (Eve, I think we're in trouble!)
Isaac and Ian planning a sand dinosaur.  Notice, Abe is ready to help with his shoveling skills!

1 comment:

Sparkz said...

I think the last picture is my fav. I love him in the hat w/the shovel. They are all cute though. Looks like fun!!!

BTW. how did you get more than 4 pictures to post at once? I knew it could be done but it never lets me and the other pictures won't show up if I put more than 4 on a post.