Friday, October 9, 2009



Dear Abe,

One year ago today we saw these pictures for the first time.  I don't think I'll ever forget the events of that day.  I know I'll never forget the emotions that flooded over me when we received that referral call.  The joy at finally knowing who you were, the sorrow at learning of the loss in your little life, the delight in knowing we'd meet you soon.  I knew immediately that you were just the right little guy for our family.  
It was a very special day in my life.  By God's providence, all of your grandparents were in town and we were able to celebrate together.  We took turns looking at those 3 photos over and over and over.  I am forever grateful that out of all the mommies in the world, God chose me to be your mommy.  I love you Abraham!  

Mommy

2 comments:

Grammie said...

Just a little comment from Grandma, I can not help but shed tears over these pictures we are so blessed to have gotten this little guy! Thank you Lord, you are so good!

CHRISTY said...

I was excited to mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!