Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thankful for...

So, pretty much every time I get out these days, I get questions about how we're adjusting or settling in. The answer is, we're settling in fine. Honestly, it's been an easier transition than I've expected and I've found lots of things that I love about living in our "cute and tidy" apartment. Here are just a few of the things I'm thankful for...

  • I'm not tempted to overspend at the grocery store 'cause there's nowhere to put extras.
  • I don't have to worry about what my kids might be getting away with, because they're always right where I can hear, see, and most of the time, touch them.
  • We don't even have to get out of bed to hit the snooze button, Ryan can hit it with his toe by simply extending his leg.
  • I never feel lonely, there's no where to go to be alone.
  • I have not once felt "behind" on laundry because we don't have room to let it pile up.
  • We have neighbors everywhere, and I've even had the luxury of a daily walking partner from the building next door.
  • I am learning to live successfully without a microwave, though I have, on more than one occasion, gone to use it and then remembered I didn't have one.
  • We have no problem keeping up with the housework and everyone is motivated to keep things tidy so that we can have room to walk.
  • My children have been motivated to be creative as evidenced by this photo:

When my 2 younger girls realized that their dollhouse vehicles did not make the cut, they were initially distraught. Then, they put Lizzy's white roller skate to work as a wedding car. Great idea!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Very creative kids!
I haven't had a microwave for almost 2 years and I Still sometimes go to nuke something :P
Reading about all you have had to get rid of, has really been on my mind. It has helped me do some minor (comparatively speaking) weeding out myself! So thanks for the inspiration! I just keep thinking...."2 suitcases per person" OH MY! :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your updates!! What a beautiful testimony your family is of God's provision. I can hardly wait to hear the rest of the story.....the story that God is writing each and every day. Love, brittany shook

NYtravLr said...

And you said you could never live in NYC... looks like you'd adjust perfectly fine! Glad to hear you're settling in well. We booked our tix for Easter last week - can't wait to see you guys again! XOXO