Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Atlanta

This weekend, I did something that was VERY out of character for me. I climbed on a plane, by myself, and flew to Atlanta with no objective except to have fun. I met up with the 3 long time friends from college who were bridesmaids in my wedding. I had a fabulous weekend and, as I sit in the airport, ready to fly home, I am excited about seeing my family. I find that my children’s cute level always triples after a few days apart.


None of us would have normally initiated a weekend like this. We’re just happy homeschool moms who don’t get out much. But we were motivated by the fact that one of us (that would be me) is about to leave the continent. So, we put the energy necessary into covering our responsibilities and we decided to do something for ourselves. I am so glad we did!


We had a great time. Three of us stayed together for the weekend, and our 4th friend lives in Atlanta, so we just spent Saturday with her. We had so much fun gabbing, laughing, eating, exploring, and encouraging one another. Even though it had been a long time since we have been able to spend that kind of time together, we didn’t miss a beat. They are all women whom I would still choose for friends if we met for the first time today. They are women who have a heart for their families and their communities. They are all seeking the Lord’s will for their lives and relying on Him for direction in all they do. I am so thankful for friends like these!


Angela, Nancy, Melanie, and baby Elyse on the top of Stone Mountain.
Four former KY girls (and 1 cute baby), enjoying an afternoon at Stone Mountain.
The sky tram that we braved up the mountain.
Very cool carving of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson.
Angela is an Atlanta pro, so she got us to a hole in the wall restaurant called Fat Matt's Rib Shack, lots of yummy food was consumed!

No comments: