Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Mail Must go Through

We got our first packages last week! They were supposed to be for my birthday, but the Canada Post apparently doesn't get in a hurry. Or maybe it's USPS, I don't know. At any rate, we were happy to get the packages, even if they did take 2+ weeks.
The best part was, my sweet mother thought she'd send me some cream cheese brownies, because they're my favorite. And, according to her, she knew they'd stay fresh because it's cold between NC and Canada in November, right? Well, here's what happens to cream cheese brownies after 15 days in a priority mail box.

Why yes, that is green fuzz. Which is a shame because she individually wrapped each brownie!
Fortunately, she included other goodies with far more preservatives and they made the trip just fine. Palsie's Popcorn, how I long for thee!

Ryan's parents sent me some new UK pajamas, which I will use lots. Being good grandparents, they also threw in some new tukes for the kiddos. Let's see if you know your Canadian vocabulary, what is a tuke? These pictures should give you a clue!





By the way, if any of you were desperately wanting to send us something, you can do that! Our address here is: 4516 Frances St., Burnaby, BC, V5C 2R7. However, I suggest you avoid cream cheese brownies, even though it is a bit colder in December!


No comments: