Sunday, March 18, 2012

What a Treat!

Last week we got our first non-grandparent package. I'm not sure why that is so darn humbling to me, but it is. The fact that people would spend their time and money to send us things that must seem so trivial overwhelms me. It also blesses me to know that people care and that while I'm over here struggling through all of the newness and the culture shock and the daily demands of basic living, people back home are remembering us and seeking ways to encourage us. And obviously, from the pictures, you can see that we were one encouraged bunch!

Grins before we dig too far in.

Wow! Easter marshmallows! They decided that they wanted me to put them up and save them for the week of Easter so that they could have something festive. We also got 2 bags of lifesaver Easter gummies and they ate one and had me hide the other one until Easter week. This morning, the 2 older girls had taken Abe outside and he had some of the gummies. He dropped one on the ground and they couldn't stand to see it wasted, so they decided to split it, dirt and all! According to their story, they then looked at each other and said, "We never would have eaten a gummy of the ground back home and we're splitting one from the dirt? What's happening to us?" Then they came running inside laughing at one another to tell me what they'd done.

The Peeps, however, did not get saved. They disappeared in about 12 hours. The napkins, I have been ordered to save until Abby's birthday in June. We'll see if they make it that long.

A big thanks to the McNeill family for such a special and heartfelt package. We could tell that it came with lots of thought and love. And Sarah, I really enjoyed those pretzel M&Ms! It pays to have an office partner who remembers your cubicle snacking habits!

1 comment:

The McNeill family said...

We lOvE yOu ALL so so so so much! It was absolutely wonderful skyping with you this weekend! xoxoxoxox!!!! I'm so happy you liked our little treats. :)