Sunday, May 27, 2012

I'm So Excited!

Our crate is coming today!  At least that's what the nice truck driver who called us last night to tell us that he is on the way and he'd see us tomorrow said.   And so, I'm choosing to believe it.  I'm so excited.  I thought I'd take a minute and make a list of all of the things that I'm so excited about doing when it arrives, though I'm not sure where I'll start.  So, here they are in no particular order...

1.  Sharpen pencils, lots and lots of pencils so that I will no longer hear my children fighting over the one pencil that actually works today.  Oh, quality pencil sharpener, how I've missed thee!  We've broken no less than 5 of the plastic handheld ones since we got here.
2.   Dry clothes.  In a dryer!
3.  Make something that includes parmesan cheese in the ingredients and not feel like I have to skimp on the amount.  Just once, then I'll go back to skimping.
4.  Wash my hands with Bath and Body Works hand soap, which was one of my decadent inclusions.  But, I caught a bunch of it on sale around the 4th of July, so I loaded up.  And yes, for your information, I did pack that crate around the 4th of July.
5.  Make something with my long-lost Kitchenaid mixer!
6.  Eat a big ole handful of almonds.
7.  Throw away ALL of my boy's existing socks which are too disgusting for words and replace them with some of the dozens of pairs that are on there.
8.  Write notes on post-it notes and not feel like I have to ration them.
9.  Use a brand new Expo marker for Math lessons,  one that actually writes.
10.  Hopefully I'll bake a loaf of pumpkin bread.  I'm really hoping that I remembered to put pumpkin on there.  I'm a little worried that I forgot.  After all, who thinks about pumpkin at the 4th of July?

Okay, that's enough for now.  I'm so stinkin' excited!

No comments: