Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Day at the Beach

Did I mention that our new city is on the beach?  It is.  At least that is what everyone told us.  And we kept telling our kids that we lived in a beach city.  They were beginning to think we were liars.

Between waiting for our van, unpacking, learning to navigate things like groceries,  transitioning into a new job, and having Ryan take his first week long work trip, the beach had to wait.  Until this past weekend,  when we decided it was high time we soak in some sun and surf.  So, we drove a bit out of the city, where the water is clean enough to play in safely.  And we played all day long!  It was a great day.

 They loved climbing the beachside rocks.
Sweet Seesters!


 The view from my lounge chair.

 This boy fought the surf all day long.  He is one determined kid!

Getting 5 children to jump simultaneously is more painful than I could have ever imagined.  Forget it!
This girl insisted she didn't need sunscreen.  She ALWAYS tans, she NEVER burns (insert 12 year old eye roll here.)  I decided that maybe she could just try that theory out.  After all, she is headed to camp at the beach in a couple of weeks and I thought this might be a good time to learn a valuable lesson.  Well, she's on day 4 of Solarcaine and I bet I never have to coerce her to put on sunscreen again.  

I, on the other hand, faithfully applied and re-applied my sunscreen.  I stayed under the covered area a good bit of the afternoon.  I am also on day 4 of Solarcaine.  I don't think I've got an equator living kinda complexion.

4 comments:

Oh Dear said...

YEAH FOR THE BEACH!!!!!

Sorry about the burn mama!

Pam said...

WOOHOOO for beach living!! BOOHOO for burning...yikes!!

You made me think of how God probably thinks the same of us "ok then...I'll let you learn the hard way!" when it could have been so easy! Thanks for that sweet reminder tonight even though you probably had no intention in it being a God lesson.

Miss you guys!

grammy said...

Beach, oh my! I am missing the beach, can't be... When can I come... Beach in Africa that would be great. Love the pictures. Not the sun burn.

Parker Stanley said...

Look like so much fun!! Miss you guys! -Parker