Monday, November 17, 2014

Prepare to Be Impressed...

What does a good wife do when the electricity comes on, right at bedtime when one's husband has to leave for the airport at 5AM and he has need of  clean clothes?  One stays up to rotate laundry and while writing, they might re-write the lyrics of an old favorite song.  And, it might go something like this:

I Can't Fight This Laundry Anymore
(sung to the tune of I Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon)

I can't fight this laundry any longer,
And yet I'm still afraid to let it go,
Because we always stay so hot and stinky,
It simply cannot be re-worn, you know.

And even as I launder,
The end is not in sight,
It seems when we have water,
Then they "off the lights."
I'm not getting closer,
Though sometimes I think I might!

Cause I can't fight this laundry anymore,
I'll never get this pile off the floor,
I really want to simply shut the door,
Just buy new clothes at the store,
Baby, I can't fight this laundry anymore.