Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Isaac!




When Ryan and I accepted our first full-time church job, we had the pleasure of serving at a church that had lots of grandmother aged women. I'll never forget something that one of them told me one night. I was trying to survive the weekly Wednesday night fellowship dinner. I was trying to make plates for four children age 5 and under at the time, and my sweet husband was stuck in conversation #157 since walking into the fellowship hall. She looked at me and said, "Motherhood- the days are long, but the years are short." Honestly, it was hard for me to believe at that moment, but I'm beginning to be convinced.


My sweet boy turned 6 years old today. That means he's approximately 1/3 of the way through his time in my home. Wow! Thinking about it that way really makes me want to savor every moment. We are having his astronaut party on Saturday, but we did start out this morning with muffins. The funny thing was, his muffin was so hot, the candle melted inside the muffin. Oops! I thought I'd post a couple of photos we took this morning before getting started with our crazy day. Isn't he a knockout? And doesn't he look like a carbon copy of his daddy?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC!
Love, the Shays