Monday, March 24, 2008

Tagged

I have been tagged by my blog friend Rebecca Kepley who I had the pleasure of meeting at the Mestas' twins birthday party. Before I tell the 10 interesting things I am supposed to share about myself, let me just say... Rebecca, you've been waiting FAR TOO LONG for a court date and I feel for you. It doesn't make any since that so many others have whizzed by you in the process. This is one of those times that believing that God's timing is perfect is the only thing that would keep me sane. Please know that I am praying and rooting for you that "Cutie Pie" will be home with you soon!

Without further ado, here are my 10 (not so) interesting facts:

1. I met my husband 15 years ago at the Baptist Student Union in college. He was not only a cutie, but he has always been able to make me laugh- a lot. That helps tremendously when you're living on nothing but love and potatos.

2. I love to travel. Although my international travel has been very limited thus far, there are very few places on planet Earth that I don't want to visit.

3. I am a very picky eater. The pickiest eater I know. I don't eat anything green. I tried 4 green beans in an effort to find a vegetable I could stomach last summer. My kids watched me like I was a circus act when they saw that I put beans on my plate.

4. My husband and I are often called gypsies by our parents because we have had 16 addresses in our 13 years of marriage. When we moved into our current home I told Ryan that the only way I was leaving was with a pine box or a burning bush.

5. I served as a student summer missionary in Alaska the summer before I got married. While I was there I caught a 53 pound salmon.

6. I love to cook. I especially love to try different desserts.

7. I don't like dogs. They're smelly, needy, and they make me sneeze. My children are constantly asking for a dog- it's a great source of frustration in our home. I did get them a tadpole a few months ago. However, before it could mature into a frog I accidentally washed it down the bathroom drain while cleaning the bowl.

8. I love to read. I always have multiple books going at one time. Currently, I am reading: Mom Walk by Sally Clarkson, War of Words by Paul Tripp, and Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna. I especially love to read fiction, but I have to limit myself because once I begin a fiction book I neglect everything else in my world. So, I tend to read fiction only on school breaks. I read an entire Beverly Lewis series over Christmas. I read 2 of the 5 books in a 24 hour period. OOPS!

9. I basically have spent my entire life working with children. Some of my jobs have included: tutor, childcare worker, preschool teacher, preschool director, 4th grade teacher, 5th grade teacher, nursery director, and mom to 4.

10. I love Jesus and my number one career goal is to raise my children to know and love Jesus even more than I do.

3 comments:

graceling said...

A 53 lb. salmon? How could you not think that was interesting?

I want to see a picture. I am trying to imagine this fish, and all I can think is that it would be the same size as my 5 year old.

InGod'sHands said...

Thanks for playing along Christy. I really enjoyed learning more about you all. We're still just hanging out waiting. 10 weeks and it stinks more everyday. We're now hoping to be able to travel sometime in June. Please keep us in your prayers. I'm excited to follow your journey. Feel free to email us: weloveciara@yahoo.com

Blessings, Rebecca Kepley

Nerissa Sexton said...

So uh yea.. I love ya an all.. BUT... girl, girl, girl... a tadpole... lol... I have never laughed so hard in my entire life!!! Who has a tadpole for a pet?!? That is sooo funny. Okay, a dog, cat, turtle, fish or a bunny but a tadpole?!?! Christy Campbell!!!! I cant believe you got the kids a tadpole.. lol.. an after they beg an plea for a pet.. you murder it?! LOL... Well I guess ya can go back to the pet store an get another one... wait... do they even sell tadpoles? LOL.. Uh okay.. so we'll say it was a science project an not necessarily their childhood pet.. lol.. I love ya girl but we seriously have GOT to talk bout this.... lol