Saturday, July 12, 2008

Good News!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise him all creatures here below,
Praise him above ye heavenly hosts,
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
Amen

When I was young, I attended a very old school baptist church.  Every single Sunday, just before the preaching began, I remember we would sing the words of the song above.  According to the bulletin the man at the door of the church handed me each week, it was called the "Doxology." It meant very little to me then except that the "boring" part of the church service was about to begin.  
That's not true anymore.  It has been the song that has resonated in my heart through many steps of this adoption journey.  The words of the doxology have become very precious to me as I've watched His hand weave our story.  Yesterday, when I opened my e-mail and saw the good news that Gladney was beginning to issue referrals again, the words once again played through my mind as the tears sprang to my eyes.  
We are delighted because even though this doesn't mean anything specifically for our family- today- it means things are happening.  Praise God, children are once again being matched and very soon, people will begin traveling to complete this "forever family" process.
We have continued faithfully praying through these 40+ days of delays, but we have also found ourselves very guarded about the future.  I have discussed it less and invested less time into daydreaming and planning- simply as a means of protecting myself from the what-ifs of a permanent delay.  Now I am once again awakening to the reality that it is going to happen.  And now, we are at the two month mark.  That means it could happen soon!  Like in the next couple of months soon!  What a joy!  What a responsibility!  How exciting!

5 comments:

Sparkz said...

We have a few days and we're to the 2 month mark also! Its exciting suff, huh! I hope the referrals come soon!

solas4me said...

Christy,
Thanks for sharing. The Doxology has been resonating in my heart since Friday as well. It is immediately what comes to my mind when I think of the Glory of God.

Justin

The Darlings
"A Darling Life"

Enjoying Life Together said...

AMEN! Glad to hear the good news. ~S

Beth said...

Rejoicing with you!

Bird's Words said...

Christy,
It was so good to see you at my blog site. I will certainly be in prayer for you as you await your newest little one from Ethiopia. Please keep praying for us as we approach the impending shut down of adoptions in Vietnam. We are waiting, praying and believing that God will bring our Ellie home to us before that happens.
By the way, you have a beautiful family! Things have changed some since EKU, haven't they??
Glad you all are doing well... let's keep in touch. My email is hollybird@hotmail.com

Love you and praying for you!!
holly