Monday, July 21, 2008

Time goes by

It's hard to believe, but tomorrow marks 10 weeks of waiting for our referral.  Time is flying by and we know that we probably have already waited longer than we have left to wait.  Of course, we realize that anything can happen in the world of international adoption, but we're hopeful that our referral will come during the "normal" window of time, which is 3-5 months.  
The kids are having one massive playdate today.  They each invited a friend over and so I'm currently preparing bagel bites for 8 children.  I had to honor playdate promises I'd been putting off all summer and since we start back to school next week- it was time!  It's so funny to see how the different ages and genders play together.


One of the fun purchases we made this summer was one of those water slides with the blowers. The kids have had lots of fun keeping cool while playing outside- and I love mopping up the puddles from the door to the potty.  It makes for fun days.


Last weekend we decided to finally try the free Science and History museums in downtown Raleigh.  They were so fun- especially the Science one.  I can't believe that we hadn't been there before- they were so nice, and so free!  The biggest hit for our family was definitely the butterfly room- Lizzy had a massive butterfly land on her dress, and we all enjoyed watching her facial expressions.  Lily announced that she wants a seahorse for her birthday after I drug her away from the seahorse tank crying.






 
We continue to covet your prayers as we wait and pray.  

4 comments:

Sparkz said...

You're in our prayers! The pictures are great and the waterslide looks like fun! We went to a free science museum on our way to the beach about a week ago! It was really neat but would have been GREAT if we could have taken our baby. They had touch tanks with crabs and anemones, etc. I love that she had a huge butterfly land on her! I hope your referral comes soon!

Elisabeth said...

I was looking at blogs from the FBI and loved yours. I hope you don't have too much longer to wait. I am your neighbor to the east in this lovely state. We made it to the waitlist Monday.

Best to you and many blessings!

Ellen

Nikki said...

I hope you don't have much longer to wait!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com --> blog stylizing to raise money for my Ethiopia mission trip!

Morgan Family said...

Hey Christy- Sorry it has been awhile since I have posted a comment, I had lost the address to your blog when we fried our computer. We will be praying for your family, for peace that surpasses all understanding as you wait for that beautiful referral!
Love,
Morgan Family
Jeff, Meredith, Luke and Ben