Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Madness




It's hard to believe that tomorrow will make 7 weeks of waiting! We are passing the days with great disorganization and a minimal amount of structure. I don't like that. Most people love summer and look forward to the lazy days where anything goes. Not me. I love structure-too much structure. I know, however, that my children need some sort of break, so we slow the pace in the summer and I try hard to pretend like I like it. This week looks to be especially unstructured as we have 3 doctor's appointments, the in-laws are coming, and of course, the customary July 4th festivities.
Today was doctor's appointment #1. We got Isaac's fracture re-checked and he's got the all clear to bike and scooter again. He was forbidden from performing any stunts for another 4 weeks.
I will be returning to the dermatologist on Thursday to have a suture removed from my cheek. I went in last week to have a little spot on my face looked at, and they decided to do a biopsy- we're hoping of course that it's nothing, but we'll find out this week.
However, the highlight of last week was not my surprise biopsy, but our road trip to see the African Children's Choir perform. Ryan and I had seen them years ago, in college, and I thought it would be fun for the kids to see them. So, Friday afternoon we loaded up and headed to Fayetteville. Everyone enjoyed the favorite Campbell road trip meal- Cracker Barrel. Then we attended the performance- which was wonderful. Let me tell you, those kids need to make an exercise DVD. Their dance moves would kick tail on any cardio workout I've purchased from Amazon! They were amazing! Fun was had by all!
We seem to have passed the inspection hurdle on selling our house. We think we've agreed on all of the necessary details, and the financing appears to be solid, so we are just praying for everything to go smoothly for that July 31st closing. I need to start practicing my happy dance now! Hey, maybe I can use some of the moves I saw on Friday night!
Things continue to be stalled with our agency, although hope of a resolution appears to be on the horizon and they have done a phenomenal job of working through it. I simply cannot say enough good things about Gladney at this point! We continue to pray for those families who were further along in the process than we were when the slow-downs began. We are anxious to see someone, anyone, get some action with their case. However, we continue to trust in what we know to be true- and I personally have been spending a lot of time belting out Chris Tomlin songs at the top of my lungs. I'm especially hooked on the ones that remind me of how big and awesome and trustworthy God is. It's a great coping tool!

1 comment:

solas4me said...

Thanks for sharing. We saw the African Children's Choir this past Winter, we loved it.


The Darlings