Thursday, June 5, 2008

Three weeks and counting!


Okay, so I'm afraid that I may not be so prompt with my weekly updates. I thought I would post every Tuesday since that is the day of the week on which we were wait listed. But somehow with 4 children, a husband, a church, and all of the fun things that go with them, I find blogging doesn't always make the top of the list. So, I thought I would use these few minutes during piano lessons to post about the highlights of our week 3 wait:

The kids returned home from KY and we've enjoyed the typical grandparent re-entry issues. You know, me spending the days saying things like, "No, you need to sleep in a bed, yes, it needs to be your own bed." or "Yes, you must eat your grapes before you can have a cookie." It seems like 6 months of attempts at consistency can disappear in one week of grandparentville. The thing is the grandparents try- they really do. The kids are just too brilliant when it comes to demolishing the boundaries!

I did manage to finish a 'baby" scrapbook for each of my four children this week. Next I'm going to work on a toddler to teen album that I should be able to maintain with a minimal amount of thought. It will be a few weeks before I get back to it though, as we have a busy couple of weeks ahead of us.I spent some time organizing my pictures and scrapbooking supplies so that I can find what I'm looking for without going through a dozen different rubbermaid containers. My label maker got a workout this weekend!

Abby and I spent some time making her birthday party invitations on Tuesday. She is having her first sleepover in honor of her 10th birthday. We decided to do a Paris theme, so maybe those 7 years of French I took will come in handy. Unfortunately, the language I'll need to plan a 10 year olds birthday will probably exhaust my French vocabulary. This is scary considering I was certified to teach French in the state of KY, huh?

It's been a pretty uneventful week overall. Other than church and the grocery on Sunday, my van has been garaged. That doesn't happen very often, but with the current gas prices, it might need to!


The kids and I decided to mark three weeks by making a photo out of our Math U See blocks. It seemed fitting as we are working hard on sharpening our Math skills through the summer. Time is really flying as the wait progresses- something that we're all glad for!

No comments: