Friday, June 27, 2008

Taking the plunge


Well, we've officially taken what I consider to be a major plunge.  Okay, maybe it's not so major, but it was still a step of faith.  Are you ready?  We bought THE bedding- the CRIB bedding. 
First of all, I should explain that Ryan and I are house people.  We don't own a boat or go snow skiing or golfing, but we do spend time doing house stuff.  We both have strong decorating opinions and we've spent more than our share of time watching HGTV.  We get gazillions of home decorating catalogs, and I have to sneak them into the trash when the pile gets too high because Ryan likes to keep them all for "ideas."  
So, as soon as we decided to adopt, we began keeping our eyes open for bedding that we would use for the baby.  Now, this isn't as easy as just finding a crib bedding we like-that would be easier.  The baby will be sharing a room with Isaac, so we had to find a bedding that we liked for the baby that had coordinating twin bedding that we liked for Isaac.  This meant Ryan, Isaac, and I all had to agree AND it had to be something that would be appropriate for a baby and a bigger boy.  Isaac will probably be 9 or so before we replace this bedding, so it obviously couldn't be too preschool-ish.  So, after a few months of scoping the Land of Nod, Pottery Barn Kids, Company Kids, and a few of our other favorites, we all agreed on one.  
I thought I would wait until we got a referral to actually purchase the bedding.  But, the corporate giant that is Pottery Barn decided to discontinue our chosen bedding and we decided we better go ahead and take the plunge lest it all be gone before referral day comes.  The positive side of this is that we got all of it for 50% off- which made it almost reasonably priced. 
So, we've made our purchase and the bedding is safely tucked away in a closet waiting for referral day when we bust out the green paint and start looking for the sailboat model Isaac is expecting to have in his "new room."
It's a little thing, but it's SOMEthing.  Something that reminds me that despite the current stalls and the continued wait,  we are going to have a baby, and he is going to be sleeping in our house, and I do need to make preparations- maybe not just the fabric kind, but the kind that come with the prayers and petitions of a loving mom who can't wait for the chance to delight in another soul entrusted in her care.   


4 comments:

Beth said...

Yippee! Another friend I can go to for decorating advice!!
Sweet post. I'm praying for your sweet baby. I've been reading Melissa Faye Green's book, There Is No Me Without You. Whew!

lisaqshay said...

Sooo exciting! I love your selection. Although, never a doubt that the 2 of you - eh hem, 3 of you would have terrific taste!

solas4me said...

Fun Bedding! I love the pattern...

Sparkz said...

Awesome bedding. I LOVE it.