Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend has been much anticipated in the Campbell house. Abby and Lizzy have been counting down the days until New Life Camp and finally, yesterday, the big day came. Last night we delivered them to camp with bug spray, sunscreen, and all the other essentials necessary for a week of fun. They were both excited and nervous. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Here is Abby with a good friend from our co-op. She was excited that Sarah was in the same cabin as she was!
Lizzy had her co-op friends in her cabin too! I feel sorry for that poor counselor! I feel confident that they'll keep her on her toes.
These two sister were happy to be at camp together! Their cabins are within shouting distance of one another, so I imagine they'll have some good stories to tell.

Today, we decided to take the three little guys and go to the state capitol for a Memorial Day Ceremony. It was a neat experience for them and we followed it up with a picnic on the capitol lawn and a couple of hours in the North Carolina Science Museum that is just across the street from the capitol. I spent the whole time looking over my shoulder to find my missing children, only to realize they weren't with me.


We met up with some friends at the Capitol and the kids had fun hanging out together for a bit. Here is Lily with her friends!
Our view of the wreath laying ceremony.

Isaac and Lily in front of the wreath.
The girls enjoyed "firing" the cannon at the boys and watching them fall down dead. In this shot, Lily is running to the rescue.
Lily, enjoying lunch on the lawn.
Abe, being a Daddy's boy.
Isaac and I, finishing up our picnic.
Abe enjoyed the fish at the science museum.

One last picture before heading home.

No comments: