Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Quick Update

Well, this evening I'm boarding a plane and heading to America.  I have wished many times over the last 18 months that I had a plane ticket to visit home.  This wasn't exactly how I wanted it to go down.  But, I am grateful that I get to go and be with my mama and daddy.  I am told that they were thrilled to hear that I am coming.

At this point, we still have more questions than answers regarding my mom's cancer. We know she has lesions on the liver and lungs.   We know that the liver biopsy shows us it is cancer.  The problem is, the biopsy isn't giving the doctors any indication of where the cancer originated.  They are doing further tests to figure that out, but for now we only know that we are dealing with a "cancer of unknown origin."  Until they determine the origin, they can't start trying to kick it in the tail.  Meanwhile, my mom is in an awful lot of pain and obviously, the whole thing is a bit discouraging.  So, please continue to pray for her.

Please pray for my husband and kids.  We've been apart a lot this summer.  We've had 4 stressful days together since his return Friday night.   I really wish we could all hop on the plane together tonight.  But, obviously, it's not as easy as that.  We're praying that God will make it very clear when/if they should come and that He will take care of all of the details surrounding that.  It's a bit complicated with vacation days and re-entry visas and airfare times 7.  But, God has got this and we just pray that we can honor Him well in the days ahead, however He chooses to work.

And hey, I'm not gonna lie.   As much as I wish the circumstances were different... I do intend to savor my first fountain soda in 19 months!  America is not without her perks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Keeping you all in our prayers !!

Joanne B said...

Praying for you and your family.ra