Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Update on Abey Baby


We were delighted to receive an update today on our little guy.  We're clinging to every glimpse of him we can get.  I admit, today's update has made us a little more concerned about the transition.  We've yet to hear that he is flexible or a people lover, so we're preparing our hearts for the cold shoulder, but praying otherwise.  Here is some of what we heard from the in-country staff:

"Nahom is joining the growing list of kids that don't really like me.  I am a big scary white man, not something he sees everyday.  I also caught him just as he was waking from his nap, so let's just say he didn't run into my arms.  He is doing well.   He continues to be a good eater and likes to play.  He continues to practice his walking skills, and is much more comfortable holding hands than taking steps alone.  He is developing nicely.  I hope you had a great Christmas, and I will see you soon."

Did you hear that?  He'll see us soon- very soon, almost single digits soon!  Hooray!

3 comments:

solas4me said...

Guess the kiddos just don't like Ryan so well ;) We got the same sort of update on Abeba. She was a little less happy in her photo.
Can't wait to meet you in just a few days.

The Darlings

Oh Dear said...

I also heard that Abe likes to have a hand to hold when he walks. I know of 12 eager hands he will want to hold!

coffeemom said...

Don't worry. having just you, and realizing it is YOU, again and again and forever...that dawning will totally change this sweet boy. YOu will watch him visibly bodily relax and bloom out..it is the greatest gift ever. You just need to be together and the time to be there for him, over and over and over. It's gonna be great.....he just needs his mom, you are much more enticing to a little baby boy than a big scary Ryan (no offense Ryan). Soon soon soon.