Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An Early Morning

Okay, so I'm convinced the good Lord is chastising me this morning. You see, we're at a hotel in Norfolk getting ready for our CIS fingerprinting. We spent some time finding a place that was very close to the office because we had an 8 a.m. appointment and we didn't want to get caught in morning traffic- the last thing we want to do is be late.
So, last night before we went to bed, I asked my husband what time he thought I needed to set the alarm for and he responded- 5:30. To which I replied (in a "that's really stupid tone of voice") 5:30! Why in the world would we get up at 5:30!?! I'm not getting up before 6:00! He consented to 6:00 a.m. and off to sleep we both went.
You guessed it! At 5:00 a.m. I was wide awake with no sleep to be found. I laid there for 45 minutes before deciding to give it up and come blog for a few minutes. As you can imagine, being a mom of four, I could have really used that hour of sleep. But, like I said, I think the Lord was trying to teach me something.
You see, I have been under conviction this week to live out Phil. 4:4. "Rejoice in the Lord always, again, I say rejoice. Let your gentleness be evident to all." Now let me just say, I am not by nature a gentle person. It will take the full power of the Holy Spirit to transform me into a gentle person. Let's just say last night, I was not calling on that power, and this morning at 5:00 a.m., God reminded me of that. But, His mercies are new every morning, so I"ll press on for today, maybe with a little more victory than yesterday!
That said, I need to go wake up my darling husband who has soundly slept until 6:15 with a clean conscience. I'm so glad that God is transforming me from "glory to glory"- I'm convinced it's going to take that long!

No comments: