Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We have a date!

We have a date for our homestudy! Hip, Hip, Hooray! I talked to the very kind lady who will be doing it for us, and we scheduled it for next Thursday, the 28th, at 10:00. We settled on doing only one visit, but it will be about 4 hours long. That will be the last big piece of the paperwork puzzle.
Part of my hurry to this point has been that I really was hoping to get the adoption completed before the rainy season. The Ethiopian courts shut down for about two months in September and October for the rainy season. If you haven't cleared court before they close, you're basically stuck for those 2 months. Well, after counting and re-counting the wait times, I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we will probably not be bringing a baby home before the rainy season. I was probably delusional to think it might work out that way to begin with. At this point, if every step of the process went with the shortest possible time frame, there is only a slim chance we could possibly make it before the courts closed.
After I dealt with the reality of the timeline, I actually feel relieved. Not that we'll be getting our baby later, but that a day or two of delay in a document here or there won't be the deal breaker. I feel a little less pressure, which is good, since there is nothing I can do. Don't get me wrong, I know we serve a big God who holds time in his hands, and I would certainly love to see him scoot things along and surprise me with an August travel date. However, I also know that he may not- and I have decided to be okay with that!

3 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

You can't go until your baby is born and if that's after the rainy season, then it'll be just the right timing. God already knows which baby will come home to the Campbell home. We can't wait to meet him...before or after the rains come. ~Sabrina

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

I am enjoying getting to know your family through your blog!
I ESPECIALLY loved your post regarding your children:
"People who love our children are naturally concerned about whether or not this adoption will affect our children. All I can think is, "Dear Lord, please affect my children!"
Amen!!!! :-)
My sentiments exactly!
Blessings,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked your blog since you intially sent it so I had a lot of checking up to do!

I have friends in China right now and have been checking their's daily.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us. So wish to see you guys!

Love you guys!
Melanie D.