Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas

As the man who carries the quiver, I wanted to take a moment to publicly wish my wife a Merry Christmas! This whole adventure that we have been on for nearly 15 years of marriage has been truly amazing. God, in His greatness, is the only one that could have ever put two people like us together. Two people who are soo different but so much alike.

When we started this last adventure, our adoption, it was I who was so resistant. But not Christy...she was confident and gave me time to seek God's leadership. Now, almost 12 months later, what an experience. God is so good at using others in my life to point me toward Him and His holiness. I can say that adoption is not easy. No, but I'm reminded that God doen't always call us to the easy. I can say that adoption is refining though. Isn't it in the fire that the impurities are reveled? Well..that's adoption or should I say parenting in general. Both will reveal what is in the heart and sometimes it isn't pretty.

This year seems to be both a blaze and a blessing. I can see how God has truly sustained us and blessed us greatly. We are so blessed to have the opportunity to have 5 beautiful children and so much love from friends and family. I want to wish my wife the "Super Woman" of Live Oak Drive a very Merry Christmas! I love you greatly and wish us many more years together!

For you who read this besides my wife, I leave you with a video about Adoption.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgNXQ2CazUg

No comments: