Thursday, December 17, 2009

What a Difference a Year Makes!

One year ago today, we got a call that would change our lives forever. We were sitting in Golden Corral with the entire church staff for our annual Christmas party. I couldn't eat at all, because I was anxiously awaiting a phone call from Ft. Worth. We knew that an Ethiopian judge had already given his verdict on our case a few hours before, but we didn't yet have the results. We were prepared for delays, but miraculously, there were none. As we were exiting the restaurant, my phone rang with the news we were hoping and praying for. We had passed court on the first try, and Abe was officially a Campbell.

Here is a photo that was taken of him fairly close to that day:




And here is a photo taken of him today:



Oh my, what a difference a year (and a forever family) can make! We are so blessed to be Mommy and Daddy to this remarkable child! We love you Abe!

5 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Well, I just ended my day with some tears...happy ones!

And Mr. Abe went with me last night like we were best friends. He let me hold him and he played with me. That's another difference a year has made. :)

Robin said...

He's absolutely beautiful!

Grammie said...

What a blessing this little guy is, I know this Grammie has had many blessing form our wonderful Lord. Thank you for Abe!

Jennifer and Chase said...

We love him so much!!! Can't wait to see what the next year brings!!!!

Oh Dear said...

So stink'n cute!!!