Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Wonderland?

It's no secret that I love snow. I always have. Growing up in the Cincinnati area, we could usually count on at least one or two good snows every year. We often had at least one snow day before Christmas.

Now, I live in NC, and in the 10 years we've been here, I can't recall one single December snow. You can imagine my excitement when I heard that we were supposed to get snow this weekend. Early on they were telling us it could be as much as 6-10 inches. The kids and I were disappointed when yesterday afternoon rolled by and only a few flakes fell. Then, about 7:00, Ryan happened to peek out the window and saw some snow was actually falling. The kids went wild and ran out on the deck to play in the "deep snow." They were absolutely thrilled. Ryan and I couldn't help laughing at them and their enthusiasm for such a pitiful amount of snow.

Abe's reaction was also funny. He ran to the door behind them, took one step out, and then started backing up. He started saying, "Abby cared, Abby cared" (read "Abby scared") and holding his arms up for her to hold him. He warmed up to it very quickly though.

Here are a few pictures of their brief fun. The rain came quickly and washed our winter wonderland away!





Yummy Hot Chocolate!

2 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Just came across your blog while visiting my friend Melisa's blog. My husband and I met Melisa and Michael in Guatemala when we were adopting our daughter and they were adopting their daughter.

Anyway, I loved reading about your son from Ethiopia. We were just awarded an adoption decree this week for our son from Ghana. We are praying that he will be home soon.

Oh Dear said...

Love the bare feet in the snow! We are north and still do not get enough snow for us! The year we moved we had 22inches. It was considered the 100 year snow and would not happen again for another 100 years. Too much snow to play in-it was seriously unsafe for short people esp. those in white! :)