Friday, August 19, 2011

Catching up, again!

At this point, I’m posting old news. But, I want to get these things recorded on the blog for my own selfish purposes! I haven’t had time to scrapbook in a long time and what gets put on here is it for me. So, here goes my rundown of our last week before training time.


We had our special day with Lily, just as we had with the boys. We took her out to lunch at the Mellow Mushroom, where we got to sit under the big mushroom. Normally, our big family can’t fit at the tables under there, so that was fun.


Then, we headed to the Factory where we painted pottery. Lily made a piggy bank and some magnets. In true Lily fashion, she took her time and was very meticulous in making it just right. She wasn’t so happy when one of her polka dots started to drip, but we decided it could just look like her piggy had been rolling in the mud. Ryan made a platter for our new kitchen counter, which turned out very cute. He painted a big top in the center, with polka dots around the edge and then wrote “Campbell Circus” around the edge. It’s very fun, and I wish I’d gotten a picture of the finished product, but I guess I’ll just have to wait and show it once it’s perched on our new counter. We finished up our “Lily Day” with a stop at Sweet Spoons, our local frozen yogurt place. All in all, it was a great day together.





For Elizabeth’s special day, we headed to dinner at her very favorite spot, The Olive Garden. That girl loves her breadsticks! We followed up dinner with a trip to the Raleigh Little Theater where we got to see the play, Gooney Bird Greene. Lizzy has a dream of being on stage one day and she absolutely loves the theater. We finished up with a drive through Cook Out for a milkshake.




Abby’s special day was spent in Durham. We started off the morning by driving thru Chick-Fil-A for her favorite fast food breakfast- Chicken Minis. Then, we went to Rare Earth Beads to take a beading class. We learned the basics of beading, including the clasping, which was pretty simple. The toughest part was definitely choosing the beads. Ryan ran errands while we beaded and then picked us up for lunch. Abby is our adventurous eater, who loves to try new places, so we decided to try Foster’s Market in Durham. We all enjoyed trying something different, but my personal favorite was the chocolate macaroon we picked up at the German bakery that was next to the bead shop. Yummo!


I wish I had pictures of Abby’s day, but we have lost a memory card, Thankfully, it didn’t have much else on it, except a few sets of goodbye shots. I’m still hopeful that it will turn up, but I’m not so sure.

No comments: