Friday, August 19, 2011

A Poem- Written During a Moment When I Could not Absorb One More Word from the Speaker

Ode to Two Bathrooms


When I had you, I didn’t see

The ease of life that you brought me.

Brushing teeth, grooming hair,

Bathing kids, taking care.


Now you’re gone and I know,

that I really love you so.

How I miss time alone,

Sitting there upon your throne.


Now lines form, down the hall.

Children fuss and they call,

“It’s my turn, now!”

“No, it’s mine!”

“I’m going to tinkle anytime!”

“Hurry, hurry, we must go.”

“Sister, you are going too slow!”


I shake my head and roll my eyes,

Lifting them up to the skies.

“Lord I know you’re stretching me,

but must it involve pee?”


I know someday, I’ll have you back,

and now I truly know,

that even when you’re dirty and black,

respect to you I’ll show.

5 comments:

The McNeill family said...

Friend, you make me laugh! Is it strange that I'll be thinking of you next time I go to the bathroom? wink! Love you!

Enjoying Life Together said...

I hope the speaker doesn't follow your blog! :) You made my day start with a laugh and a smile. Happy Saturday!

Dee said...

You've given me a new appreciation for my bathroom, even if it's not particularly clean right now! I also wanted to let you know that all the changes and struggles you've been going through are helping me through some tough things of my own. You're a great example of relying on God and taking it all to Him.

Oh Dear said...

There have been 7 of us using two bathrooms and that has been a bit painful!

I told My Dear the title of your post and he was all ears. We knew it would be a good one!

I love you Christy!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud. :) Good times on the farm...