Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How quickly time flies

About 8 years ago, we bought Abby a little purple nightgown from the Children's Place. It was long on her, but she didn't mind, that was exactly how she wanted it. She was in that stage where we had to beg her to wear jeans or pants and she would prefer to spend all of her days in princess costumes. I had no idea how quickly that would pass.

Now, she's so independent and her last question before she falls asleep each night is, "Mom, will you get me up before everyone else so that I'll have time to fix my hair in the morning?"

I'm telling you people, when it comes to your kids, time flies. You blink and it's another birthday. Before you know it, you're facing a long list of, "I don't remember the last time they needed me for this" realizations.

It's sweet and it's right and it's very, very hard on a momma's heart sometimes.

What, you may ask has me voicing this observation today? That blasted purple nightgown. It's been in continual use in the Campbell household for about 8 years. I canNOT justify carrying it overseas. Because today it looks like this on Lizzy...

and like this on Lily...
and if it barely covers their bum, it doesn't make the cut. But, man I'm gonna miss that little purple gown and the sweet little girl characteristics that it represents!

*and yes, my house looks like a bomb blew up in it. Don't judge till you've attempted to reduce your world to 25 suitcases people!

2 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Well, if you can get it to me I'll put it in my closet to keep for you. And it won't get worn by my 2 to wear it out anymore.

Oh Dear said...

Oh my mama heart.......that hurts! I too thought, send it to me, I will keep it for you! That is if you have time. Thinking of helping you guys move one time...taking stacks of books back to the EKU library and mailing a Christmas gift to baby Cole ....wish I could be there to help this week. Oh, there goes the heart ache again.