Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sprint through the City

Today, we saw London. Okay, today we saw enough of London to know that we want to come back and stay awhile. We debated about what to do with our 9 hour layover in the city. The easy route would have been to stay at the airport, and we seriously considered that. But then, we thought through the fact that we have no idea when we'll be here again and we know the cost to fly a family our size anywhere, so we decided to take the tube into the city and do a quick walking tour. Here's some of what we saw:

Those famous red buses.

Outside Buckingham Palace. Abe wanted to know why we couldn't go inside to see the queen.
The famous palace guards
Isaac was very excited when he spotted these!
Look Kids! Big Ben!
Climbing again!

London Eye, near the Thames River
The Olympic Countdown Clock at Trafalgar Square.
Sacked out on the train back to the airport.

5 comments:

Oh Dear said...

I am so glad you guys did that. I would guess the kids had MUCH more fun running, climbing and exploring than hanging out in an airport. Perhaps it was enough movement and excitement to bring rest.

Today our pastor called from the pulpit that some of us are not supposed to be sitting in the pews. Some of us are to be on a plane to Africa!

Enjoying Life Together said...

Oh my, only you would have it together enough in the midst of moving to Africa to blog from the London airport. When I grow up, I want to be like you!! :) Love you all!!

Jessica said...

You guys are the coolest family. Great idea to take advantage of that 9 hour layover. I know you all had a BLAST! Send my love to everyone, and I'm lifting you guys up on the last leg of the journey!! :) So excited for you guys!

The McNeill family said...

Oh I love you, I love you, I love you all!!!! I was SO excited to see that you actually posted a blog on your way to Africa- you are aMaZiNg!!!! As always, we are praying for you. xoxoxo!!!

♥ my diary♥ said...

nice post thanks for sharing...blessings