Thursday, September 25, 2008

Choosing Delight

10 Things I'm Choosing to Delight in Today (In No Particular Order)

Fresh, clean 500 thread count bedsheets with the lingering scent of Downy lavender.
*
The opportunity to homeschool my children today so that we can have moments like we had a few weeks ago at the Target snack bar.  That was the day when Isaac overfilled his slushy cup and while watching the red goo pour over the top he shouted.  "Look mom, it's like Mt. Vesuvius."  Then I got to smile and think- I taught him that!
*
Our Saturday night dinner plans with precious old friends who we haven't seen in years.
*
Listening to my daughters plunk out their new piano assignments today.
*
My amazing husband who is just as anxious to see his son as I am and the fact that he has such a heart for children of every tribe,  tongue, and condition.

*
The 2.5 pounds I've lost since Monday- I'm choosing to overlook the fact that they were the same 2.5 pounds I "found" while being a glutton at the beach last week.
*
Friends who call or e-mail immediatly after reading my pathetic "Struggling" post yesterday
*
My favorite "mauve" Bible.  The one that still has my maiden name on it and even though I've gotten at least a half dozen "new and improved" Bibles through the years, it remains my favorite.
*
My midday miniature Heath bar indulgence and the fact that it only has 76.66 calories
*
My precious children who will wake up in a few minutes and remind me that today may be the day that we get THE call with just as much enthusiasm as they were saying it six weeks ago.  

6 comments:

Sparkz said...

That was fun to read. I enjoyed it! :) Today COULD be the day!

Lori S said...

I'm glad you are having a better day and finding things to be joyful about! The WAIT is SO hard. I hope and pray for you and the others I've read about today who have been waiting for so long for the referral call. God Bless!

Enjoying Life Together said...

Well, it sounds like you figured out the solution to yesterday's post. I'll just comment to this one and tell you that those 10 are the tip of the iceberg! (I think I need to make my top 10 list now. I'm hitting that "wall" of grief.)

See you tomorrow!
~S

Sparkz said...

Any news today?

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you & your family during your wait. It so hard, but it will come. I'm following your journey & will rejoice with you when you receive The Call!
Brenda- Mom to Alivia (3) from China, adopted Feb 08

the chapman crew said...

Like the new look of your blog....very cute!!

Hope you have a great day, I'll be keeping you in my prayers.