Monday, September 29, 2008

Mondays

I have never understood people who dread Mondays.  I have almost always looked forward to Mondays.  I guess it's because I love routine.  I'm one of the sickos who thrives on a to-do list and a schedule.  So, even though I love the family time that the weekend brings, I'm always ready for Monday morning.
Enter adoption journey.  That has changed.  In the last several weeks, I have come to dread Mondays.  Why?  Because Mondays begin the "Will we get the call today?" mindset.  I could literally feel myself unwinding Friday afternoon about 4:45 when I realized the call would not be coming last week.  I slept better Friday night than I had all week, knowing I had 48 hours of "no call" time.  I rolled over at 5:15 this morning and my mind was immediately flooded with that anxiety I had been relieved of all weekend.  I am happy to say I was able to pray through it and actually fall back to sleep.  I'm making progress!  
But even in my Monday phobia, God is good.  It's only 9:27 and I've already been overwhelmed with his goodness this morning.  Here are just a few of the ways he's made me smile this morning.
  • Once again, he lead me to a passage of scripture that showed me he is all over my world right now.  He encouraged me again that he is fighting my battles.  My Bible study lead me to the story of David and Goliath.  I have to confess that right now this adoption feels like a Goliath in my life.  But I was reminded once again that no giant will ever be a match for a big God with a little rock!
  • We decided to have hot cocoa with our breakfast this morning.  This is a big treat for my kids.  Lily made me dig to the back of the mug cupboard to find the mug that had the sunshine on it.  I wasn't sure which one she was referring to, but when I pulled it out I smiled to see the quotation on the side, "This is the day that the Lord hath made."  Even if it is Monday.
  • I opened my email this morning to a precious gift and a sweet reminder of all that God has given me.  We have a dear old friend who came to dinner Saturday night and she  insisted on bringing her camera with her.  She sent me this link- check it out!                       www.poiemaphotography.com/campbellkids/
Here's to a great Monday morning!

8 comments:

Sparkz said...

Thanks for all of those great thoughts! My Monday was off to a rough start but reading this it made my Monday MUCH better! I'm praying for you guys this week that God provides the stone that will knock down Goliath! :)

Angela said...

Wow, those are some adorable pictures!!

lisaqshay said...

thanks christy, once again, for your transparency. It is such a blessing to me.
I praise Him that though, "My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psa. 73:26
I praise Him that, "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." Lam. 3:22-23

Lori S said...

God somehow helps us through those rough days. I'm always amazed at how He reminds us that He's still there--like your hot cocoa mug. How cool!

Sparkz said...

Just checking in!

~Laura~ said...

I love all the pictures! Your kids are beautiful. On to another week & one step closer. I hear courts opened back up today. YAY!

Rebecca said...

Hot cocoa makes everything better.

Your kids are adorable! The pictures are really great. I just looked at ALL 67 of them! The last one is precious of them all holding hands. It'll be so fun to add more to the bunch :)

Anonymous said...

what wonderful pictures! They are all beautiful and have grown so much, but I can't get over how much Lily has grown! I miss the little baby that was in my class.