Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New Pictures

We got a sweet surprise today.  The family who took our care package to Ethiopia arrived back in the States this weekend and today they sent us a few photos they took of him.  He was asleep when they got to him and they decided against waking him.  So, the photos are of him sleeping in his crib with the contents of our package lining the edge of his crib.  I wonder what went through his mind when he awoke and saw those items.  I wish that in some way he could know that we are coming and that we desperately miss him and that he is SO very loved.
We can see the photos of us in the crib with him, and it makes it seem so real.  At first, I was disappointed by the fact that he was asleep in the photos, but I quickly rebounded when I saw his chubby little thighs and his sweet hand outstretched in sleep.  Plus, I got a good look at all of those little black curls on the back of his head. It did my heart good to glimpse his peaceful expression and though Ryan and I both got choked up, it was a real treat.  This waiting is so stinking hard!

4 comments:

artisticace'smom said...

Awesome, can't wait to see a picture of him.
Take care,Laura

Rebecca said...

It's amazing how much pictures of your little baby can brighten your day! One of the best gifts the waiting parents can get.

Hoping your court date is successful - less than a month!

Bird's Words said...

what a gift!
I am praying for you all as you wait.
H~

~Laura~ said...

So glad you got new pics of your baby. Isn't it amazing?!

Praying for you guys as you near your court date!