Tuesday, November 25, 2008

No news is good news


Things here at the Campbell house are moving along.  We have no news on the adoption front, which we consider to be good news.  We don't expect to hear anything from our agency unless there is a problem.  So, this is one of those times when we don't want to see their number on the caller ID.  As far as we know everything is in place for our court date and we are hoping and praying for a smooth approval.  We can't believe that we are only 22 days away from our assigned date!

We are trying to finish our 10 hours of Hague training which must be completed before we travel.  We're learning about such fascinating topics as attachment and bonding, grief in children and institutionalized children.  You can imagine how fascinating that is.  I am however trying to multi-task and get my gift wrapping done while we watch the videos.  I want to be ready to shift to travel prep and baby purchases on the 17th!

While waiting we're enjoying the holiday season and all that it brings.  Here are some pictures of some things that have been going on in our world.

We got our first BIG snow of the season. I let the kids go out in it at 7:15, because I knew it would be gone by 8:30 AM. Don't laugh you yankees! We haven't had a measurable snowfall in Raleigh in almost 5 years, so we get excited about any and all snowflakes. The weatherman seems to think we might get a "real" snow this year. I say, bring it on!




Saturday we had Thanksgiving dinner at our house. We go to KY to Ryan's parents for Thanksgiving every year on the actual day. It's always very fun, but, they have tons of people there and so it's potluck style. I decided early on that I wanted the candlelight, carve the turkey, tablecloth experience for my kids too. So, the Saturday before Thanksgiving I always do a dinner for just our little family. This year my parents joined us since they now live in the area. The kids and I spent Saturday AM making napkin rings, place cards, etc. to add to the festivities. It was fun. Here are some of our creations.





Yesterday we did several Thanksgiving activities for school. I realized it had been several years since we had really discussed the real Thanksgiving story and so we did. The kids enjoyed making these edible teepees. I know, I know the Indians that helped the pilgrims didn't live in teepees. I made sure the kids knew that too. We even took a few minutes to look at the different types of Indian homes so I could avoid some "serious" historical misconception. However, I had seen the teepee idea on Family Fun and I knew they would love it, so we did it anyway.




We are traveling to KY tomorrow and we're excited. We have only been once since last Thanksgiving and Ryan wasn't even with us then. So, we're ready to go. Wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

lisaqshay said...

enjoyed the updates! wanna know something funny? huh? not really. well here it is anyways...

that pic of your kiddos in the leaves...i've been so wanting to get one of the shay boys like that. i need a new pic for the blog header. but...they've been in school or out and about. photo session is top on my TO DO list this thanksgiving holiday. thanks for the nudge!

Shaw6pak said...

I love all of your Thanksgiving art and table decor. I wish I were that kind of mom. Oh, maybe next year. Or is it a girl thing? I'll poll my kids and see what they think.

Happy Thanksgiving!

~~~ Kristi

Enjoying Life Together said...

Did you get the room painted? If you did that AND the napkin rings, I'm just gonna' quit trying! :)

Happy Thanksgiving! Drive safely!!

CHRISTY said...

Sabrina...Yes, we did get the room painted too, but it only ended up needing one coat of paint. Does that make you feel better? Don't quit trying- remember how productive that nesting phase is? You just need to have another baby:)!

Faith said...

I love it!
"...I always do a dinner for just our little family."
Most people would not say that you have a little family but I've always used the term as an endearment...I think I got it from my mom. I have gotten funny looks for saying, "Oh, just look at your little family."
I love it!
Happy Thanksgiving!

artisticace'smom said...

Awesome...your kids will treasure these things forever. I'm glad you took lots of pictures.