Monday, November 17, 2008

Who's counting?

Just in case you're wondering, there are exactly 30 days until our court day.  Saying that makes me want to vomit while simultaneously laughing, crying, and praying fervently.  I have never experienced this many intense emotions at one time for such an extended period of time.   We're trying hard to keep busy.  We've re-organized the garage and attic, almost finished the Christmas shopping, done multiple painting projects, and we are constantly extending the list to keep ourselves busy. 
We are not however ready for a baby.  We have no bottles, sippy cups, diapers, diaper bags, high chair, wipes, blankets, shoes, or most of the other items generally considered to be necessities for a toddler in the USA.   We do however have a decked out crib, some stinking cute clothes and several very beloved board books- what more do you need?   Okay, maybe you do need diapers.  I guess I'm a little afraid to go there yet.  However, if we do pass on the 17th and we do travel 3 weeks later, I will be insanely busy during the week of Christmas and New Year's gathering all of the items one might need.  What to do?  

2 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Diapers and wipes are the easy part. Preparing your hearts is what matters...and I think you're all ready! We're praying. ~S

Anonymous said...

you should leave a picture here! I have looked over this blog and it's awesome. I'm so excited for you guys. Me and my other NCSU sisters will visit ya'll's church in the next few months. We're all in Raleigh so we really wanna visit!