Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ev'rythin's up to date in Kansas City

When I was teaching school, I tried hard to avoid taking a day off. It wasn't because I didn't like time off. It was simply that preparing for a substitute was WAY more work than doing it myself. Now that I'm a mom, traveling falls into the same category.
Ryan and I are flying to Kansas City on Thursday AM and while I'm looking forward to it, the effort required to get the heck out of Dodge is a bit exhausting. The house needs to be clean as we have grandparents staying here to care for the children. They will need groceries. And clean clothes. And directions on medicines and schedules. Packing has to happen and everything has to be in place at church for Sunday AM to go smoothly in our absence. Throw in the need to remember the laptop, the GPS, the reservation papers, etc., etc., etc. Well, you get the picture. Not to mention it all needs to fit into a 40 pound 42 inch carry-on because I'm too frugal to pay $50 in baggage fees and well, it's good times here at the Campbell Inn.
So, I'm going to go now and finish all of those details and sometime soon I'll share with you the wonders of Kansas City (and I can promise you, my list won't involve the barbecue.)

No comments: