Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The White Shoes


When you look at this picture, what do you see?  I'll tell you what I see.  I am overwhelmed by those white shoes.  I think of the sweet face of the child that wore them and how proud she was of those shoes.  I think about how she only whispered when she spoke to me and how she clung to my hand while we were there that day.  I think about how I scolded the boys who pushed her off the swing when they thought no one was looking and how she smiled when I lifted her back on and gave her a push.  I wonder if she has a momma coming to get her.  I pray she does.

I have thought about her every day since we returned from Ethiopia.  I thought maybe it was just me.  But then, last night I overheard a conversation between my Ryan and Abby and I knew I wasn't the only one who was struggling with this burden for little H.  So, I decided we just had to know.  We had to be sure that she was going to have a family.  We e-mailed our caseworker this morning and requested that they just check.  Follow up for us and make sure that someone is coming soon.  She assured us they would find out.

I feel sure someone is, right?  Someone has to be.  We can't.  Realistically, we can't.  But, I have to know.  I will sleep better at night knowing.   So, I'll wait to hear what the in-country staff finds out, and I'll pray, and in the meantime, you can pray.  Please pray for little H, with the white shoes.   

6 comments:

Melisa said...

Praying...

Ryane said...

What a sweet story. Praying little H finds her forever family.

Jen said...

We will pray for little H. we are in the process of lifting our age...so who knows...

Brenda said...

Is that God whispering in your ear? I'm praying for this little lady.

solas4me said...

We too have some that we cannot get out of our thoughts and prayers..Praying for God's will for you and for H.

Ellie said...

I will be praying for her!
I don't know if you guys saw this already but the Wolfe family's awesome adoption video is on Liberty University's website and at the end of the video there is a picture of Abe in his crib with your family's picture next to him. :) here is the link you can copy and paste:

http://www.liberty.edu/libertyjournal/index.cfm?PID=15758&section=8&artid=612&CFID=32364137&CFTOKEN=37310168