Friday, February 20, 2009

One Month and We're Getting the Hang of It!

I imagine most every job comes with it's perks.  For some folks it's cruises, dinner parties, or freebies.  Ryan's job comes with its perks as well.  For example, do you get invited to the new members luncheon at your church EVERY month?  I do.  Do you get first dibs on which VBS class you'll teach EVERY year?  I do.   One of my favorite perks is the unlimited access to all of the newest children's church music.  We have an extensive collection of kids music that we've collected through the years.  Recently, Ryan brought home a new CD.  It's become my favorite new dancing CD.  It's funny, but often those kids songs minister to me in very vivid ways.  The first couple of weeks after Abe came home, when I was sitting on the edge of sanity, one of the songs on that new CD was a huge source of encouragement for me.
So, when I decided to post a montage of our first month at home, I knew I had to use that song.  We've made it through the first month and I do believe we're finally getting the hang of it.   Here are a few pictures of a first month with Abe.  Enjoy!




5 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Wow, he sure has changed in a month. Hope you had a safe and easy trip today.

Oh Dear said...

Oh-how precious!!!

Melisa said...

What a beautiful family God has woven together. Thank you for sharing the the pictures! It reminds me of all we went through with our children during their coming-home days.

Amber Harrell said...

How absolutly breathtaking...thank you for sharing!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Yiipppeeeee! One month down! I remember our first month with a toddler...it's like being in a fog. Things get wayyyy better from here on out! I am so glad that you have had the chance to blog about your experience, and that you are keeping it real! Blogging, is pretty much a past time for me these days!
Blessings,
Kristy