Friday, January 9, 2009

And the plot thickens...

Well, just moments after my last post, our travel plans began to morph.  We became aware of the fact that our connection into JFK tomorrow night may be in jeopardy because of a winter storm that is supposed to hit midday tomorrow in NY.  SO, after talking to Emirates- twice, American Airlines 3 times, Susan Parr travel, and the travel agent we use for domestic travel, we've decided we need to be proactive. Emirates insists that even if 8 inches of snow falls, they WILL leave JFK at 11:00 tomorrow night, and we need find a way to be in NY when they take off if we want to leave for Ethiopia before Monday night.  American says they can't change our connector flight because it was booked through Emirates, even though the 6AM flight out of RDU tomorrow morning is wide open.  Basically, both of our travel agents have told us to be at the RDU American Airlines desk when they open tomorrow at 4:30 in the morning.  Even though we're not booked on the flight until 5:25 tomorrow night, they assure us we will be able to get on the 6AM flight if we're there at the counter.  So, now we're in rush mode, as we are now leaving 15 hours before anticipated so that we can go and camp out in NY tomorrow in the hopes that the Emirates bird will fly as scheduled. 
Okay, I'm rambling.  All of that was simply to say, please pray- after all our planning and preparation, we are now experiencing near chaos!  It's all good though- it will make the story that much more fun in 10 years!  Blessings to you!

4 comments:

Angela said...

we are praying for you.
I am already looking forward to your post after you get him!

Oh Dear said...

Oh my! I just want to come over and do what you tell me!!! This must be the labor pains! That baby is COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you! I will be praying for you guys daily and look forward for more news. I want to see this boy in his mama and papa's arms!

the chapman crew said...

Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait to see this precious baby! Hey if while your in JFK airport tomorrow and you see Angelina Jolie walking around looking for her lost lips...tell her we found them....Ella has them!

Did I say I CAN"T WAIT until you return?

All my love and prayers,
Courtenay and the gang

Amber Harrell said...

oh my I feel as if we are hanging...we are praying that you are traveling at the moment. Be safe. We love you and can't wait to hear news!