Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Few Distractions

Have you ever had one of those times when the days seemed like years?  That has certainly been the situation I've been in the last few days.  It seems like there's not enough time to get it all done, but it also seems as if every day is so long- weird, I know.  I keep looking at the clock thinking, how can it only be 7:30- it must be midnight!   The bottom line is, we're ready to get this show on the road.
The last couple of days have been filled by a few distractions which have helped to pass these last days.  Abby and I went to the pediatrician yesterday because her medical paperwork needed to be updated for the Gladney file.  We are fortunate that our pediatrician has an adopted daughter from Uganda and he has returned a couple of times since their adoption to provide some aide.  I feel he is going to be a great resource as we work through these first few months with Abe.
Last night we had a terrible storm.  I was home alone (a rarity) baking Lily's birthday cake when we lost power.  So, for about half of my much needed alone time, I was working by candle/lantern light.  I had told the Lord I needed some quiet time before we climbed on that plane- I guess he took me literally!  The storm did a real number on our new trampoline.  Ryan's parents had purchased it as a Christmas gift for the kiddos and until we can find some replacement parts, it's out of commission.  They were so disappointed.  And, quite frankly I am disappointed too.  It has been such a great source of non-messy, healthy entertainment- I thought it would be a great resource for the transition.  Oh well, at least it wasn't a tree through our roof!

Did I mention that we found the trampoline parts spread across two yards?

Today we had Lily's 5th birthday party.  Because of our crazy schedule, it wasn't a typical Campbell birthday bash.  The crowd was small, the icing was canned, and the invitations were not hand-made, but I am the only one who cared.  However, Lily was princess for the day, our guests were among our dearest friends,  and she knows she is loved, and that was my objective.  I kept the princess party promise I made months ago and quite frankly, that's enough at this point.  Thought I'd include a few photos.


The Birthday Princess



The Royal Family



The Queen looking especially becoming!


A new bathrobe from Nana

Wonder why Nana thought Lily might need a new bathrobe?

2 comments:

Oh Dear said...

Have you thougth about writing a book of party ideas for the challenged such as I?-in your free time that is! (you can think about this comment in a year or so just store it away for now.) I would so buy it!!
I am thinking our tea party for our St. Patrick's girl may be a princess tea party! Love the dresses!!!

Morgan Family said...

We go to the same MD, he is wonderful with the boys, such a great resource when we first returned from Ethiopia. You continue to be in our prayers!