Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Match Made in Heaven

With one week under our belts we're beginning to feel a little more confident with things.  Abe seems to be adjusting very well.  He definitely seems to identify Ryan and I as mommy and daddy and he is easily comforted by the two of us.  We are still adjusting to the rigors of a toddler and we're getting a little bolder with establishing some boundaries for Abe, which he is responding to very well.  

We've managed to teach him to sign the word more, which has cut down on the high chair screaming.  We're working on please and all done as well.  We think much of the screaming is coming from communication frustration, and we're trying to equip him with more positive ways to communicate.

I have been feeling a little rough this weekend, which is a bummer.  I have been sleeping A LOT but I am still just exhausted.  I am taking it easy today in the hopes that when I start my first week alone tomorrow, I'll be back on my game.

I have a good friend who is mom to 9 children, 6 of whom are adopted.  Back when we were elbow deep in dossier paperwork, they received their 9th child.  She is a precious little girl who we love very much.  We prayed through several rough weeks during their journey to this little one, and she's very special to our family.  Her mother and I decided at that point that we would go ahead and arrange a marriage for Abe and Sarahgrace.   Okay, we know that's not very realistic, but it's a fun thought and they would make great in-laws!  Yesterday, they stopped by so that we could formerly introduce the two of them!  I'll leave you with a few photos of their first meeting, they seemed to hit it off!







8 comments:

Beth said...

very sweet..... hey, if Christy D. and Louise can pray their two together, why not you guys?

Robin said...

Oh my...how funny! They are beautiful! We have this same running joke going on at our church.....My husband, David comments whoever has the biggest dowry wins! We all just laugh, but really....how serious are we in "matchmaking" our children?????

Enjoying Life Together said...

Should that day actually happen, I do hope we're on the guest list!

You looked like you had it "together" yesterday. So take a deep breath and begin another day. One step at a time...

Thanks for sharing Lily with us a bit during all this busy-ness!

heather honaker said...

it's ok. we've already started "arranging" our littlest one's marriage to a friend's little boy. :)

abe is adorable. beautiful really. God is good!

artisticace'smom said...

They are both beautiful babies. I'm glad you are all back safe and sound.

lisaqshay said...

Love, love love the pictures and updates. So happy for ya'll!!!

Ladybugs appear said...

adorable. just love it. treat yourself to as much rest as possible. i can't imagine all the emotions.

Sparkz said...

They are ADORABLE together! They would make a very cute couple! ;)